If we're going to get technical about it and risk sounding a bit like our Dads, I don't NEED these items. But I do need them, really. I think you know what I mean. I've cut it down to the essentials (according to me).
1. Fur Gilet - Working a Millie Mackintosh/Made in Chelsea vibe is one of my favourite winter pursuits (as is eating Quality Street, so a double thanks to the Macks). I may have already purchased this (and some Quality Street).
2. Leopard coat - Leopard coats are up there with LBDs and white shirts in the ultimate list of wardrobe staples and this may just be sitting in my wardrobe already too. Am I the only person wishing for cold weather so I can wear it ASAP?
3. White shirt - Speaking of white shirts, I feel this is a vital component to completing outfits with items 1 and 2.
4. Trench - Is it weird that I've never owned a trench coat? I think 23 is as good an age as any to add a grown up coat into my wardrobe. Maybe it could replace 2012's army jacket. Do adults wear army jackets?
5. Boots - Every year I purchase a new pair of black ankle boots, and every year I wear them so much that by March the heel is falling off, the toe has formed a mouth and they do little more to protect my feet from the elements than if I went out barefoot. I think I'm going to go for a very classic, simple style this year, and while my heart says Russell and Bromley Chelsea boots, my head says 'you won't be able to eat until January'.
6. Haircut - On the list for this week is sorting out my fringe as it's, quite honestly, out of control. It's a hazard, really. Suki provides all the imagery I need for this but it will never look that good and effortless, will it? What's your ideal winter cut? All inspiration welcomed.
7. Nail polish - Oh yes, it's the time of year when dark berry shades stain your nails beyond repair but look uber glamorous while doing so. Something about cold weather brings out the goth in me.