Monday 6 October 2014

Style list : Winter


If we're going to get technical about it and risk sounding a bit like our Dads, I don't NEED these items. But I do need them, really. I think you know what I mean. I've cut it down to the essentials (according to me).

1. Fur Gilet - Working a Millie Mackintosh/Made in Chelsea vibe is one of my favourite winter pursuits (as is eating Quality Street, so a double thanks to the Macks). I may have already purchased this (and some Quality Street).

2. Leopard coat - Leopard coats are up there with LBDs and white shirts in the ultimate list of wardrobe staples and this may just be sitting in my wardrobe already too. Am I the only person wishing for cold weather so I can wear it ASAP?

3. White shirt - Speaking of white shirts, I feel this is a vital component to completing outfits with items 1 and 2. 

4. Trench - Is it weird that I've never owned a trench coat? I think 23 is as good an age as any to add a grown up coat into my wardrobe. Maybe it could replace 2012's army jacket. Do adults wear army jackets?

5. Boots - Every year I purchase a new pair of black ankle boots, and every year I wear them so much that by March the heel is falling off, the toe has formed a mouth and they do little more to protect my feet from the elements than if I went out barefoot. I think I'm going to go for a very classic, simple style this year, and while my heart says Russell and Bromley Chelsea boots, my head says 'you won't be able to eat until January'.

6. Haircut - On the list for this week is sorting out my fringe as it's, quite honestly, out of control. It's a hazard, really. Suki provides all the imagery I need for this but it will never look that good and effortless, will it? What's your ideal winter cut? All inspiration welcomed.

7. Nail polish - Oh yes, it's the time of year when dark berry shades stain your nails beyond repair but look uber glamorous while doing so. Something about cold weather brings out the goth in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment